Tuesday, May 5, 2020
9:15 pm
It was a full and good day today. Mark and I worked outside all morning clearing everything out of the flowerbed under the bay window. Nothing has grown well there for a long time, so Julie had us pull out all the tulips (approximately 100) and move them to the bigger flowerbed on the other side. By the time we finished that it was almost time for me to go to work, so Mark unloaded a truckload of stuff at the compost site and brought back some compost to till into the unproductive flowerbed. It's sure nice to have such hard workers in my family!
Work went very fast. Because I got in after lunch, it felt like I barely got in the office when it was time to come back home. One good thing that happened is that an auto loan that was significantly past due and lacked insurance got resolved. Happy for that. Tomorrow looks really full.
Abbie's appointment to have her wisdom teeth removed is scheduled for May 29. Lucky her!
Mark and Julie went shopping today for his mission. He bought some shoes and priced out other clothes. I helped Emma with her reading homework before I went to work and we played Sleeping Queens this evening. Spencer has been emptying the rest of the compost out of the back of dad's truck. I need to take it back to him tonight. The Honda battery died again – there must be an electrical problem somewhere. It is getting towed to Clegg's tomorrow to try to isolate the problem.
Justin came over tonight to work on Spanish with Mark. Mark and I also practiced Spanish this morning while working on the flowers. Me gusta hacer esto.
Thankful: I'm thankful for the way it feels after exercising. The gardening we did this morning was pretty physical, and it just felt good.
Ministering: I think I was able to help a couple different credit union members today. Nothing too impressive, but I think I made a difference.
More later…
The bummer thing about planting bulbs in late spring is you have to wait for ten months to see how you did!

No comments:
Post a Comment